Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a week!



LUKE RYDER CHESNUT & ADILYNN (Add-i-lynn) REVAY CHESNUT

Okay first off, we are sorry if this is the first time that you are hearing anything about the babies. I lost my phone 20 minutes before leaving for the hospital and my phone has everyone's info. I will try my best to call you all in the next week or so or feel free to call us anytime. But here is everything that has happen in only seven days!

We had a scheduled c-section on Friday, February 13th at 5:00pm. Luke Ryder Chesnut was born at 5:50pm at 5 pounds and 0 ounces. Adilynn Revay Chesnut was born at 5:51pm at 5 pounds 1 ounce. It's funny that their birth weights match their time of arrival. Anyhow, they were both doing wonderful. About 3 hours after birth, Luke was breathing a little heavy. He was taken and admitted to the NICU for observation. They ended up putting him on a CPAP (kind of like breathing for sleep apnea). Adilynn was great and didn't need to join him the whole hospital stay.

Adilynn and I came home on Tuesday, February 17 but had to leave Luke behind. At this point he was off the CPAP but needed to lose the feeding tube and IV fluids. Our first night home with Adilynn was crazy. Waking up again to a newborn is a hard adjustment. Around 2am Aaron and I just laughed knowing that we still had one more to bring home! Luke made such wonderful progress throughout the week that he came home yesterday!!! Let me tell you how weird it is to leave a hospital with a double stroller and two babies inside. Talk about crazy, but truly blessed at the same time!

Luke was born with severe club feet and he has his first doctor's appointment on Monday for his casting. Not only does he have club feet, but he is also tongue tied (the piece of skin under your tongue is close to the end and prevents you from eating well and possible language problems in the future). My poor little guy seems to have everything! So they will have to clip that sometime soon as well. Adilynn has a slight tongue tie, but shouldn't require clipping.

As far as Aaron and I, Aaron has been so awesome. I know he is so tired from running back and forth between visiting me at the hospital and the 2 boys at home. But he lights up the minute he gets to hold his princess in his arms! I feel wonderful considering everything that I have gone through in a week. I'm not 100% yet, but feel close to it. Just knowing that I have both Luke and Adilynn home together and Austin and Dylan with an amazing husband, makes my recover that much easier!

So thank you again for all the prayers thus far. Please continue to keep all of us, but mainly Luke in your prayers as we start his club feet treatments. Feel free to call us anytime to talk and visit. Our home number is 503-922-1212. We will update you on Monday to show the progress on Luke's feet.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Those have to be the most beautiful babies ever! I will try to call you this week.
Amber

Anonymous said...

I have tears streaming down my face...they are beautiful! I'm so happy for the two of you. Erica, you are an amazing Mommy, and God has blessed you with these two. It is the family that you dreamed of! XXXOOO Kathy Mercado

Dallas Lange said...

The pictures of Luke and Adilynn sleeping together are just too cute! Look forward to meeting them.
-Kelly

svitulli said...

Congratulations Erica! Your new bundles of joy are absolutely beautiful! What an amazing gift from God! You and your family are truely blessed. It looks like you have two wonderful little helpers too! Congrats again Erica, I am so happy for you and your family!

Nathan Sackett said...

What cute babies - we are looking forward to seeing you all and those precious twins!